I've picked the Travelling Thief Problem
There are a number of typical models in the Operations Research field which can be applied to a wide range of
supply chain problems. In other words, by learning a typical model various problems in supply chain optimisation
domain can be addressed.
Please note that the basis of all proposed problems is the methods that you have learned in this course; however,
none of them has been directly taught. The reason behind the design of this assignment is that there are
hundreds of problem variations with the same structure in the real business world. Therefore, by learning the
linear programming, students should be able to formulate a solution for problems which have similar structure
to a typical problem. Students are required to research one of the proposed topics and address the assignment
Step 1: Identify and Solve a Typical Problem
Select one of the following typical models:
model (e.g. decision variable, objective function, constraints, etc.)
1.3. Solving an Example
– For many typical problems, when size of the problem increases, it becomes NP-Hard. In other words,
your computer will not be able to solve it mathematically. Therefore, ‘workable and reasonable size’
here means that size of the selected problem should not be too small or too large.
getting the solution are provided in the Word document.
Step 2: LR on Application of Selected Typical Model in Design and Analysis of Supply Chain
address knowledge gaps in supply chain field.
– At least one of the selected articles should be published after 2010.
analysis of supply chain and address the following (but not limited to) points:
– What type of problems in supply chain can be addressed by the selected typical problem?
– Compare similarities and differences of selected articles.
– Discuss the suitability of using the selected typical model in design/analysis of various supply chains.
– What are the limitations of your selected typical problem?
– Undertaking any additional critical and/or content analysis on the application of selected typical
problem in design and analysis of supply chain is highly recommended.
Step 3: Summary of Findings
and analysis of supply chain should be summarised in this section.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.